When you think of the North Shore, a few things may come to mind. Rugged coastlines, beautiful homes, and great school systems are just a few. Yet, there’s more to this area than meets the eye, especially if you’re looking for things to do in Newburyport.
Located approximately 35 miles northeast of Boston, Newburyport is nestled on one of the premier coastlines in Essex County, Massachusetts.
Newburyport was settled in 1635 and was incorporated in a town in 1764. It was later incorporated into a city in 1851. This New England gem offers a vivid look into American history, framed by scenic beauty.
Whether you’re treating Newburyport as your home or a special destination, there’s something for everyone in this coastal jewel.
Shop the past and create the future
Newburyport offers delightful options for shopping & entertainment. From the quaint to the renowned, you’ll find something to love.
Here’s a peek:
- Oldies Marketplace. Located on Newburyport’s waterfront, this is the perfect spot to get your vintage on. This world-class shop offers gently-used furniture, antiques, and endless treasures to be hunted. They will also buy your older items, so be sure to inquire about consignment opportunities.
- The Newburyport Farmer’s Market. Come to the Tannery Marketplace for organic offerings sold by the Bay State’s best local farmers. Check their site for seasonal hours.
- The Firehouse Center for the Arts. A true Newburyport legend. This arts hub provides community theater, youth programs, galleries, and a range of cultural and arts events that keep the community engaged. You can support their efforts or get involved yourself.
History & culture await to make an impact
If you’re looking for things to do in Newburyport, then you should visit these carefully preserved historical landmarks:
- Untapped History. Truly like nothing else! Embark on a historically accurate tour of beautiful Newburyport with cocktails popular in the area over the past 400 years. This one’s a must-do.
- The Custom House Maritime Museum. There’s always something to do here. Celebrate the city’s rich maritime history with new exhibits and seasonal events for the whole family.
- Old South Presbyterian Church. A little place with a huge historical impact. Take a guided tour of this important piece of Newburyport’s – and America’s – history.
Experience the outdoors with your human & furry friends
Newburyport isn’t just a thriving city with world-class attractions; it also boasts serious activities to keep you active.
- Plum Island. This idyllic island is a huge hit with both residents and locals alike. With pristine beaches and a historic lighthouse, this is a great place to explore on a day trip.
- Waterfront Park. This scenic park lives up to its name with stunning views. Located downtown, it’s a great place to spend time before exploring what else the city has to offer.
- Newburyport Whale Watchers. An iconic New England activity, plan your whale watching adventure and see Newburyport in a new way.
Whatever the season, Newburyport is ready to welcome you home
Whether you’re looking to buy your own home or you’re simply checking out the famed Pink House, there is no shortage of things to do in Newburyport.
I’m located alongside Newburyport’s iconic waterside. It’s a great place to help people discover what’s possible through homeownership.
If you’re ready to get a mortgage that puts you in control, let’s connect to help you achieve your dreams.
Contact me today for a streamlined mortgage experience.
Copyright©2021 Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation. NMLS#2289. 4750 S. Biltmore Lane, Madison, WI 53718, 1-866-912-4800. All rights reserved. Fairway is not affiliated with any government agencies. These materials are not from HUD or FHA and were not approved by HUD or a government agency. This is not an offer to enter into an agreement. Not all customers will qualify. Information, rates, and programs are subject to change without notice. All products are subject to credit and property approval. Other restrictions and limitations may apply. Equal Housing Opportunity. Licensed in: CT, FL, ME, MA, NH, NY, RI, VT State Disclaimers: http://bit.ly/FIMCDisclosures
40R Merrimac Street Suite 301W & 202W
Newburyport, MA, 01950
Phone: (844) 848-3929